2021 Midwinter Championship Ideas

More
05 Dec 2020 08:09 #1 by Chris Z
With UKSC having to bow out of hosting the Midwinters, the class is exploring other options and can really use your help with some ideas and contacts that may be able to host it at some point in the late winter or spring.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2020 09:34 #2 by Chris Z
Merry Christmas Everyone,

Phil and I have been working on a couple of options for the 2021 Force 5 Midwinters in April.

One we have been looking at is the US Sailing Center of Martin County. This is located in Jensen Beach Florida.

This would be a great location and they gave us a price of $35 per day per sailor. This would only include handling of races and no on shore activities.
We are also considering the class funding a portion of this as this is a perfect situation for the class to contribute.

We are considering some options on doing dinner at each person’s choice.

We are asking the fleet captains to reach out to their members to see who has interest and report back to us.

Here is some more information on the club:

g.page/usscmc?share

www.usscmc.org/

More
06 Jan 2021 12:26 #3 by Chris Z
To All,
We really could use some feedback from everyone if you think you can attend the event if hosted at Jensen Beach in Mid April.

More
07 Jan 2021 16:16 #4 by captsteveperry
With the Covid 19 raging in the country and especially Florida traveling is very difficult. States all have different rules. I would be required multiple tests and need to quarantine after returning home. Finding safe places to stay while traveling is also difficult. I don't think I will be willing to take all the risks for a couple days in Jensen.
Let's do like most other classes and cancel for this year.
Steve Perry

More
08 Jan 2021 15:48 #5 by Chris Z
Hi Steve,
I understand your concern. If you take a look at the US Sailing Center of Martin County's calendar you will see many classes having events at this location. Classes are holding events around the country and working hard to follow the CDC guidlines.
We are looking at just doing racing with no onshore social activity. Additionally we will be working with the Sailing Center to follow strict CDC guidelines just like we would do at our local grocery store. Likely even better than the local grocery store. 
Each person will need to decide if this works for them. 

More
10 Jan 2021 09:23 #6 by captsteveperry
Hi Chris
I think you misunderstood my concern. I have no doubt that the US Sailing center is conforming to CDC protocol. Sailing is the safest part of a trip to Florida. My concern is the travel to and from, lodging, grocery shopping, restaurants etc.
Steve

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds